Saturday, November 22, 2014

Secret Santa Exchange

Do you have family traditions for the holidays?

 Once all my siblings turned 18 years of age, we all agreed to stop buying individual gifts for each person, parents and significant others and start a Secret Santa Exchange.
 
So each year I make gift tags and something to keep them in as we pull names not to know who pulls which name. The name pulling (ha sounds like when we were younger "Mom, she's pulling my hair." or "Mom, he's calling me names.") is done at my nephew's birthday party. We wait until the party unwinds to discuss what date works for everyone to gather and have dinner or appetizers and desserts and exchange gifts.
 
It's so much fun to see what gifts everyone receives but even more fun for the person to guess their Secret Santa. I have stumped all mine so far. I guess my wrapping skills or gift giving is obvious. So I try to go out of my way to make sure that no one can tell who the gift(s) are from.  
 
This year we also added a Yankee Swap. This will be interesting since we have never done this before. I'll be sure to take photos or at least borrow them from my family to post here for all you to see.

 Here is this years designs thanks to LeeAnn Greff. LeeAnn made hers from the Envelope Punch Board.

Let me know what you think!
 
 
This year we wrote our names using the White Stampin' Chalk Marker and placed the tag into the gift card holder.





Project Supplies:


 
 
Stampin’ Up! gift certificates offer a great way to give your recipient exactly what they want. Better yet, suggest a Stampin’ Up! gift certificate to your friends, family, spouse or significant other. They can give YOU something you’re guaranteed to love on your next anniversary, birthday, favorite holiday or an anytime gift.
Contact me today to order your gift certificate.

15 comments:

  1. Secret Santa Exchange! It seems nice. Keep sharing such posts here. On this weekend we had an adorable pre Xmas party at one of the best Chicago event venues. It was just an amazing DIY bash that my cousin threw. There was an outstanding dance contest too among kids which was way too enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comment. Be sure to come back tomorrow to see what more I have shared.

Happy Stamping! :)

Thank you,

Leanne