Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Celebrate Bargello

It's Technique Tuesday over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration

http://ssinkspiration.blogspot.com/2015/07/technique-tuesday-bargello.html

The ladies and I have some great projects using the "Bargello Technique".

If you were like me and scratching your head like "what?", I'll help you out. 

I CASEd the following description of Bargello from Wikipedia. 

Bargello is a word used in needlepoint embroidery, consisting of upright flat stitches laid in a mathematical pattern to create motifs. The name originates from a series of chairs found in the Bargello Palace in Florence, which have a "flame stitch" pattern.

We did not needlepoint our projects but used strips of paper to create an interesting pattern. That would have probably taken longer to make and I'm sure if I had absolutely nothing else to do I'd attempt it. 

I invite you to visit the design team members blogs to view their creations for more INKspiration. 

Now it's your turn to try this technique. 

Feel free to comment below and copy the link to your creation so that I can see it and leave you some comments.

Here is my "Bargello" card:


I have used the stripes from the Schoolhouse Designer Series Paper to make my own chevron pattern for the background of my card. 

Pretty neat, right?


tams# 3594
Product List
113439s
$110.00

3 comments:

  1. I love how you created your background using the zig zag embossing folder instead of dsp. Great team challenge card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cool Leanne! I thought your pattern was from 'paper' but really wasn't believing that would be so. You did a great job! I appreciate the voc. and technique lesson too... thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your inventiveness with this technique! Great colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comment. Be sure to come back tomorrow to see what more I have shared.

Happy Stamping! :)

Thank you,

Leanne