Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Yield - Deer Crossing

Do you know how many thousands (ok hundreds is probably more accurate) of the deer crossing signs I saw driving through New York to get to Canada this past weekend?

Too many, I wasn't going to count!

But while driving I started thinking about my 2015 - 2016 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog and said hmm this looks like something I can make.

My husband also started in on naming Stampin' Up! yellow colors when I informed him of my idea and couldn't wait to get back to the craft room to try it out.

He said, "You may not have the right yellow to get it exactly the same but worth a shot."

I'm so happy that he supports what I do even when I'm not crafting and has some input.

I love him! Especially when he assists with my out of  the box thinking!

The card measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".


The sign (squares) is made using the Squares Collection Framelits and didn't deviate from the size it cut. Even though the hubby said the black border was too thick. Ha I still used it. You'll notice that I used mini brads in each corner of the sign. I have stamped the deer in VersaMark and poured the black embossing powder and heated it. 

I then used a piece of Smoky Slate to cut out the sign post. Using the mini treat bag circle strip to punch out the hole evenly. I was about to use my handheld 1/8" punch but I'm glad I didn't. I think the holes would have been uneven. 

So once I had the sign I needed a scenery to put it in. So out came the Wonderland stamp set for the trees and the Sprinkles of Life stamp set for the clouds. 

Doesn't it look like something you'd pass on a highway?

Thank you for stopping by today.

Check back tomorrow to see another project I want to share with you!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for your comment. Be sure to come back tomorrow to see what more I have shared.

Happy Stamping! :)

Thank you,

Leanne