Sunday, June 19, 2016

Miss You

Hi there friends. Happy Father's Day Phil, sure hope you are relaxing and doing what you want today! (Phil is my father-in-law) Please extend a Happy Father's Day to all the men in your life from me too! (Smile)
I apologize in advance for getting a bit too sappy but Father's Day is tough to get through personally. (tears are already flowing as I'm typing this post) This is the fourth Father's Day since my father passed away. I know people say it will get easier but on these specific holidays I get choked up. You may not see it on the outside but internally I'm throwing a tantrum and bawling just like a little kid who cannot get their way. Plain and simple, it sucks. To help me get through these tough times, I look back at photos, listen to music and craft. I know you think crafting? Really? That helps? Yes, it's my therapy and I can express my feelings. And that is what I did today. This is card may be more appropriate for someone living that you are missing but today I made it in honor of missing my father. He would laugh at the stupid pun I'm about to make. He left too soon. (smiling through the tears) Okay let's leaf you on a good note. (see what I did? Ha) Let's get to the card already. 



A single leaf stamped, colored (with the aqua painter) cut out, curled to add dimension and then a little bit of sparkle with the Clear Wink of Stella® (WOS). You'll notice that I used the WOS on various leaves on the Designer Series Paper (DSP). The sentiment was stamped in Old Olive ink on top of Vellum and then Clear embossing powder was added immediately. I didn't want to cover the pretty DSP. Oh you see that Vellum piece? I have a tip for you. I had cut a extra 1/2" length wise to allow a 1/4" on each side to "wrap" around the DSP piece. You'll get a better look in the next photo.


I used the layout from Freshly Made Sketches (#FMS241).





4 comments:

  1. Fabulous post. I think of my father regularly and I lost him 40 years ago when he was only 42. So I understand your card and its sentiment. It is lovely! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card and a beautiful post. I, too, lost my father, and I don't think it ever gets easier on certain days. The card is a work of art and your heart must have really went into its creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comment. Be sure to come back tomorrow to see what more I have shared.

Happy Stamping! :)

Thank you,

Leanne