Friday, November 7, 2014

Gold Leaf Birthday

I really like how this card turned out!
 
Technique Tip:
 
Instead of the usual ink pad to the rubber stamp technique which we all know too well.
 
Ready?
 
I've tried a new technique.
 
If you are using a background stamp like I did you know this is a very large stamp to hold with one hand. So I flipped the stamp onto the table to have the rubber side facing up. Took my Baked Brown Sugar sponge. (Yes, it's true I have dedicated sponges for each of the different color inks!) Inked up the sponge from the ink pad and sponged the rubber stamp in the area I wanted on my cardstock. Then placed my cardstock over the inked rubber stamp and slid and rubbed my hand gently over the area. Without smudging/smearing, I lifted the cardstock off the stamp.
 
VIOLA!
 
Somehow this technique gives a more softer look to your projects.
 

Project Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for your comment. Be sure to come back tomorrow to see what more I have shared.

Happy Stamping! :)

Thank you,

Leanne