Friday, May 15, 2015

Merry Christmas...

You get a bonus blog post today!

Yipee!

Now hear me out, I am not wishing the year away or the sunshine but the title has you humming a little holiday tune right?

I received my pre-order items from the 2015 - 2016 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog and I just had to start creating with them. Like other demonstrators who were able to order the same supplies at the same time, I'm trying to be unique and not play with the same stamp sets at this time.  You'll see what I mean in a bit. One of the first items to be removed from the box was the Tree Builder Punch. I looked at it for a bit and then (the blub went on!) I had an idea.

Are you ready?

Did you say a turkey bone?
Ha...

I was snipping my owls ears and feet off for a face and then dropped onto another tree that was punched out and had to adhere it because now I have an embellishment for my Big E or Thanksgiving memory page.

A turkey leg!


They are antlers for Rudolph!

OH MY GOSH, RIGHT?!?! :)

Yessiree!

So want to see what I created?



Tree = Antlers (from the tree builder punch)
Tear Drop = insides of his ears (from the tree builder punch)
Bird Wings = ears (from the bird builder punch)
Apple = nose (from the tree builder punch)
Owl  = face (trimmed off ears and feet - from the owl builder punch)

Ok this card is 5" x 7" because I just couldn't cut up the adventure bound paper (I used the one with the pine tree in the corner). It sure looks heavy with all those layers right? Actually it doesn't weigh that much.

I have a trick up my sleeve.  I used the Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits to help with my layering. I am one to save cardstock wherever I can. So I used the 4" x 6" frame on the Real Red and Gold Foil Sheet layers (See picture below)

The red plaid is the reverse of  the pine tree.


Yes I threaded the Gold 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon through both the Gold Basic Metal Button and the Vintage Faceted Button. I was looking for a layered button look.


Tied into a bow and ready to adhere. 


I took a close up of the layers and to show that the gold sequins (in random spots) are under the vellum layer. 


Pay no mind all the dimensionals used on Rudolph. He isn't going to fall off! ;)


I'd love to know what you think. Feel free to leave a comment or two! ;)

Happy Holidays. Well the summer ones first, then autumn/fall ones and then Christmas! :)

Product List
113439s
$99.95
129053s
$29.95
103683s
$4.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for your comment. Be sure to come back tomorrow to see what more I have shared.

Happy Stamping! :)

Thank you,

Leanne