Monday, August 24, 2015

Masculine Monday

We are going masculine over at SSINK today!

I know a lot of paper-crafters have a hard time designing masculine type cards. I am one most of the time too. I generally go to a color combination, theme or sketch challenge to help spark my creativity. This time it was a mixture of looking at a sketch challenge and some DSP. You'll see what I mean as you read on.

The ladies and I have you covered for today and hopefully have given you inkspiration to design your own masculine creation.

I'm celebrating Masculine Monday with a goose.

Ok the Top Gun theme song is running through my head. The only guy I think about when I see a goose would be Goose (Maverick's partner). Anyone else singing or humming "Danger Zone"?

Here is my card.



I chose the Farmer's Market DSP because this design looked like either grass, goose prints or just arrows.

I was stumped at first what to do with the sentiment knowing I wanted to use "Thinking of you".

Do I stamp it in the "ground" color, do I punch it out onto a shape or banner and add a dimensional to have it stand out?

Then I was flipping through my framelit binder. Stopped at the file tabs and pondered if the sentiment would fit in the space for the tab.

Smiling from ear to ear it fit! It was a GO!

So I cut out my file tab and stamped my "Thinking of you" in Soft Suede onto Old Olive card stock.

Now again was the debate over do I add this to the top of the "ground" or do I have it show from below the goose.

Well you can see what won above and below. :P



I sponged Soft Sky and Crumb Cake around the goose and colored the "grass" in Old Olive

I used my Soft Suede and Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Markers to color the wooden acorn embellishment (available in the 2015 - 2016 Holiday Catalog) to give it a more realistic look.

I used the layout from Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch (#PCCCS158).

What took the longest for me was the three pieces to embellish in the bottom left corner. I must have gone through 5-8 different combinations of items and finally settled on the acorn and punched leaves.


Want to see what the rest of the design team members created?

Click here ---------->  SSINK Masculine Monday

Do you like something about our creations?
Be sure to leave some blog love (comments) to tell us. 
We love to interact with all our followers and we thank you so very much for your support to keep inkspiring you. 

Product List

2 comments:

  1. Leanne, wow... your card is totally adorable! Thanks for joining Paper Craft Crew :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne, I have always loved this Wetlands stamp set, but what really caught my eye from your card is the sweet little acorn at the bottom A simple, but effective touch. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew this week. Crystal

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comment. Be sure to come back tomorrow to see what more I have shared.

Happy Stamping! :)

Thank you,

Leanne