Sunday, February 22, 2015

Hello Sunshine

It's so cold in New England that we are just trying anything to keep warm. Even creating our own flowers.

My niece was over for a craft date and I asked if she was interested to make a card by using a sketch challenge. Her response (was priceless!) was how I feel each time I see a new challenge. She was ecstatic and was rambling off colors and ideas after she saw the sketch. I had to ask her to slow down and explain what she was thinking of so that we could discuss it and gather all the supplies.

The sketch challenge comes to you from Fab Friday (FabFri58).

http://fabfridaystampinchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/02/fab-friday-58.html

My niece posing with her creation with half of my craft room in the background. 


Here is a closer view of  the card my niece is holding that she made.


I liked her idea so much that I wanted to make one too!


We embossed the center to show the glistening sun rays shining on the center of the sunflower. If you look closely, we used VersaMark and Metallic Gold stamp pads and then poured Clear Embossing Powder. We thought about a bee, a butterfly or ribbon to be added but then decided against it all. 

Product List

3 comments:

  1. The embossed detail for the center of the flowers looks awesome! The sentiment on the cloud is a cute idea too! So glad you and your niece got to craft together. It seems that you are a great team! Thanks to both of you for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - love that flower center! What a great idea to pull in the embossing folder! I'm sure these flowers help brighten a rough winter! Stay warm - and thanks to you BOTH for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comment. Be sure to come back tomorrow to see what more I have shared.

Happy Stamping! :)

Thank you,

Leanne