Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Amazing Mom

Tis Tuesday my stamping friends! Do you ever take your stamp images and turn them upside down or side ways to see if they can be used differently? Well today I was looking at my Occasions Catalog upside down and it hit me. I can make a Mother's Day card from Sunburst Sayings stamp set. It's never too early to send Mom a card to let her know you are thinking of her and not just in May for mother's day. I chose to stick with my mother's favorite color, yellow (in Stampin' Up! language that means Crushed Curry). What is your mother's favorite color? I think she would appreciate a card letting her know you are thinking of her. 

Measurements:

Whisper White card base 4 ¼” x 11” scored at 5 ½”
Whisper White 4 3/8” x 5 5/8”
It’s My Party DSP 4” x 5 ½”
Gold Glimmer paper 2 ½” Circle
Whisper White and Vellum 4” x 5 ½” cut with Sunburst Thinlet


I saw the “Wow” stamp and it was calling to me be “Mom”. I stamped in Crushed Curry on Vellum and poured clear embossing powder, heat set it and then cut it out in the heart shape from the Mini Treat Thinlet. I used the embossing powder to not have the ink smudge on the vellum once it was adhered to the card. Been there, done that, learned that lesson. I also cut a Whisper White heart to use as a background breaker from seeing through the vellum. I really like the typeface font of the Greastest Greetings stamp set. After heat embossing with white on Crushed Curry card stock. I cut out the individual words to place in the "rays" of the sunburst. 


I CAESed the designer Connie Collins from Global Design Project (#GDP020). Thank you Connie for your inspiration. I was inspired to use the striped background and glimmer paper on my card.


Thank you for stopping by today! Be sure to return tomorrow to see what the SSINK design team is sharing. 

Product List

6 comments:

  1. Leanne, I am thrilled to have been the inspiration (in part) for your amazing card. Of course, I cannot compete with an upside down SU catty...LOL! I know your mom will love receiving this work of art. Thanks for joining us this week over at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie! I'm always looking for unique ways to use our products. :)

      Delete
  2. Leanne - I love the yellow stripes you've used behind the Sunburst Thinlits. So light and airy. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Case the Designer (Connie Collins) Challenge at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever to use the "wow" stamp upside-down. Love that you were inspired by the stopes and the way they peek through the sunburst. Thanks for playing with Global Design Project

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comment. Be sure to come back tomorrow to see what more I have shared.

Happy Stamping! :)

Thank you,

Leanne