Monday, February 1, 2016

Blogging Friends Love Blog Hop



Welcome to the “Blogging Friends Blog Hop!”

Who are the ‘Blogging Friends’?   We are a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators located all across the U.S. and Canada who had never met before.  Well, actually, we still haven’t met yet (in person). . . But, through our common bond of Stampin’ Up! and a shared love of paper crafting we have created a fun new blog hop.  Please join us on the 1st of every month to see what wonderful things we have created!

Each month we’ll have a different theme; this month it's Valentines or Reds/Pinks.

I decided to stick with pinks and hearts but not necessarily just to be used for Valentine’s Day. I have a card and matching treat baker's box for you today. 

Color Combination:



Measurements:

Smoky Slate card base 4 ¼” x 11” scored at 5 ½”
All other are from scraps of Whisper White, Rose Red, Blushing Bride Smoky Slate card stocks and Blushing Bride Glimmer paper. 


It’s hard to tell in the photos but I have a Smoky Slate heart border under the popped up Sweetheart punch (Rose Red and Blushing Bride) hearts. I used the Mini Treat Bag thinlets to cut out the smaller hearts from the Blushing Bride glimmer paper. I even used the negative behind my sentiment banner. 


This Baker’s Box is made up of using an 8 ½” x 11” sheet of Smoky Slate. I cut the cardstock in half to make two pieces of 5 ½” x 4 ¼”. Ran both of those sheets through the Big Shot with the Baker’s Box thinlet. Glued both pieces together. Stamped the Smoky Slate outline hearts on both sides and then added the Rose Red heart punched from the Sweetheart Punch. The Blushing Bride heart is stamped with the polka dots and then using my snips, I cut very close to the border of the stamped image. This way you can still see the Rose Red heart behind it. Then I stamped the "From My Heart" in Rose Red and cut it out from the Bitty Banners thinlets. Again I used the Blushing Bride glimmer paper and used two glimmer hearts and the negative piece for decoration.


Here is a closer view of the Silver Mini Metallic Clothespin holding all the fun trim. First, I took the bow off the gold paper clip (this already made bow comes from the Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit). I used a glue dot to adhere it to the clothespin. The pearl trim also comes from the Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit. I used the Silver Sequin Trim to bring some more bling and added dimension to the box.


Now here is the back side of the box. I still decorated it the same way as the front and the clothespin is what is holding the box closed. So once you remove it to eat all the goodies on the inside (Hershey’s kisses) then you can refill it or still close it whichever side you want.


Here’s a sneak peek to see the kisses on the inside. It’s almost like a milk carton when only opening one side.


So there is my matching card and treat set. Oh and what did you think about the kiss heart? Please let me know what you think by commenting below. I love getting feedback from my followers. Your comments motivate me to continue creating and sharing with you and your friends.


In case you’ve never ‘done’ a blog hop before, it’s really easy!  At the bottom of this post, you’ll see another image similar to the one above, and when you click on it, you’ll be taken directly to the next blog in the hop.  Keep clicking on that image at the bottom of each blog post, and you’ll hop through all of the participating blogs, back to where you started – and you’ll see all of the amazing projects created for your inspiration!  If you’d prefer to hop about at your leisure, you can click on the individual links for each blog.  Happy Hopping!




Participating Blogging Friends, in order of appearance:

Leanne Johnson <--------------YOU ARE HERE! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Hope you enjoyed the blog hop. Be sure to return tomorrow for some more craftiness. 

Product List

20 comments:

  1. Love the color combo! Pinks and Grays are one of my favorite combos.Wishing I had that bakers box die:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects. I love the color combination that you used -- going to have to put that one in my files~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you embellished your projects and the use of the grey is perfect to balance the sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leanne, I'm loving this color combo! I always do yellow and gray, so I'll have to give pink and gray a try! I have wanted that baker's box for so long, I may just have to cave in and get it. Also, cute little Hershey Kisses heart wreath! Thanks for sharing this month, great job! Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed your Hershey's kisses heart right away, Leanne - very cute! :) The pink & gray combo is very soft - love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah! My color combination inspiratoin came from the hershey kisses. ;)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful projects! I really love that color combo and I love the bling of the glimmer paper and sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this combo. These colors work so nicely together! Nice work on these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm another one that loves those colors on your project and card. I have to admit, I did not purchase the bakers box thinlits. Now I'm revisiting the idea of getting it, its so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute projects, Leanne! I love the colours you chose and Who knew the Baker's Box could have a spout! I will have to give that a try. Happy Blog Hopping day - so glad to be tagging along!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comment. Be sure to come back tomorrow to see what more I have shared.

Happy Stamping! :)

Thank you,

Leanne