Monday, August 17, 2015

Birthday Wishes

I wanted to try something different with this card.

Instead of stamping flowers with ink and card stock, I wanted to use washi tape and either punch them out or use framelits for the shape and size I was looking for.

So I made sure first that I had washi tape in the colors for the color challenge I was going to enter this card.

Bingo!

I found two of the three colors.

Delightful Dijon
Rich Razzleberry

So these are going to be the colors of my flowers.

I took a piece of my Whisper White and adhered pieces of washi tape in the area I wanted to cut out into flowers.


With my bone folder I curled the edges of the petals and the leaves for some added dimension besides the dimensionals behind the pieces.

I used the sketch from Just add Ink (#JAI275)

I used the color combination and theme from The Friday Mashup (#FM221).

The Mashup Challenge:
Create a project using shades of Dijon, Olive, Razzleberry.
Create a project inspirered by Summer Flowers.
or Mash it Up! and create a "Summer Flowers" Project using the colors above.


Product List

4 comments:

  1. What a fun little twist to card-making! I love your flowers. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The washi flowers are quite amazing Leanne. I love how intense and patterned they are Love that little touch of lace at the top too - adds some lovely soft texture. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card Leanne! Those washi flowers are so striking! Your eye is drawn to them straight away! What a stunning colour combo too!. Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea just using DSP to create your flowers. Super pretty card. Thanks for playing with us this week at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comment. Be sure to come back tomorrow to see what more I have shared.

Happy Stamping! :)

Thank you,

Leanne