Wednesday, August 19, 2015

You Made My Day

SSINK is spotlighting background stamps today!

I chose to go monochromatic (greys) with my card and was inspired by Sally-Jo. (see below)

Do you see the silver glitter splatters in the background?

I'll wait while you study this small photo but you know you could just click on the photo to have it enlarged to see the background better. It's ok, I don' t mind waiting for you to understand what I'm talking about and then will explain how I did it.

You back and ready to learn?

This was a technique that Brandi Barnard showed on stage during her stamping demonstration at convention (which was AWESOME!).

Brandi explained that she took the Multipurpose Liquid Glue and squeezed a little bit into an empty embellishment container (like the ones the designer buttons come in) and used the aqua painter (filled with water) and squeeze a few drops of  water into the container and mixed together.

Once it looks like milk (ok, not that watery) but a more liquidity solution than the glue. Take your aqua painter and either tap on your finger (or flick it as if you were to splatter ink from your paint brush) onto your project. Once you are all set with your splattered look, immediately pour your desired color glitter and allow to dry. I generally allow it to dry over night but you could bring out your heat tool and speed up the drying process.


Look at my inspiration!

Thank you Sally-Jo for sharing your creation!


tams# 4006
Product List

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, love it! It's really fun to see how inspiration is interpreted by others! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comment. Be sure to come back tomorrow to see what more I have shared.

Happy Stamping! :)

Thank you,

Leanne